How can you deal with someone who believes in a conspiracy theory or other false belief? First of all, what constitutes as a false belief? If a person truly believes, for example, the moon landing is a hoax, then you need to prove whether or not their theory, claim, or belief is true, otherwise can you really call what they believe a false belief? I do not really know how you would deal with someone who believes in a conspiracy theory, especially if you do not believe the same. To try to convince someone else of a different point of view other than what they already believe, I think you would have to be very convincing and have a lot of (true not false) facts to back up your side of the argument.
If a conspiracy theorist’s theory is proved to be false, what kind of damage could that cause? Depending on the person and what kind of personality they have, anything can happen or nothing at all. When I think of a conspiracy theorist and what kind of person they would be like, I have this stereotypical belief that they are these crazy and extremely paranoid people that live alone. I would say that movies have given me that impression. I would hope that not all conspiracy theorists are like this, and if one of their beliefs are wrong then they will not go all crazy on us.
No comments:
Post a Comment